Rainier Avenue Radio is looking for a General Sales Manager - Job Description
Make your mark in community-focused Broadcasting and Digital Media. Rainier Avenue Radio is dedicated to amplifying the diverse voices in our communities. Join is in making RainierAvenueRadio.World a community broadcast and communications powerhouse!
We super-serve the most diverse community in the country, south Seattle, Washington. Rainier Avenue Radio owns and operates, programs or provides services to business, government, community members, educational institutions, as well as digital platform audiences. Rainier Avenue Radio has affiliations with, and provides content to AM/FM frequency, digital broadcast, and multi-media networks. The Rainier Avenue Radio group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and digital platforms uniquely broadcasting to audiences locally and all over the world!
Our success is the result of extraordinary staff and an exemplary Executive Committee team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our community radio station. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Rainier Avenue Radio! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Rainier Avenue Radio is looking for a strong General Sales Manager to help guide our local, regional and national digital sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a local sales team in selling new business and creating new revenue streams. The candidate should have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment, be highly self-motivated, possess developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
● Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the station's revenue
● Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel
● Manage sales for the station including local, national, new business, video,
production/imaging, and digital interactive revenue stream
● Train sales team to sell products and services via digital platforms and mobile
● Lead sales
● promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
● Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with
● Work with promotions staff to create sales opportunities
● Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include exceeding revenue goals, forecasting, inventory control and pricing, sales promotion, development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with Strategic Account Management a plus!
● Manages local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station
revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
● Oversees advertising sales activities; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales
● Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team
accountable against business metrics.
● Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to
generate sales and revenue.
● Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
● Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
● Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts.
● Experience in Sales Management
● Hands on advertising sales and operational background is a must
● Ability to grow revenue through digital interactive and other approaches
● Strong and positive leadership skills
● Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● A proven track record of new business success is a plus!
RainierAvenueRadio.World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email RainierAvenueRadio.firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and qualifications.